The soundtrack of Miss Julie, the drama movie directed by Liv Ullman and starring Jessica Chastain and Collin Farrell, is actually a musical mosaic compiled from the works of Schubert, Schumann, Chopin, Arensky and Bach where each fragment was performed to the scenes in the movie. The music mosaic was performed by violinist Arve Tellefsen, cellist Truls Mørk and pianist Håvard Gimse.
Arve Tellefsen, Truls Mørk, Håvard Gimse.
|1. Miss Julie (Ullmann) SOUNDTRACK (27:57)|
2. Miss Julie (Ullmann) The End (3:52)
The mosaic is compiled from the works of:
1. Franz Schubert (1797-1828), Notturno in E-flat major, Op. 148 (D. 897), Adagio
2. Franz Schubert (1797-1828), Piano Trio No. 2 in E-flat major, Op. 100 (D929-2), Andante con moto
3. Robert Schumann (1810-1856), Kinderszenen, Op. 15, Träumerei
4. Frederic Chopin (1810-1849), Nocturne in F major, op 15, no 1, Andante cantabile
5. Anton Arensky (1861-1906), Piano Trio No. 1 in D minor, Op. 32, Elegia – Adagio
6. Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750), Cello Suite No. 2 in D minor (BWV1008), Prélude
Here’s a preview of the soundtrack via Spotify:
A few words from Director Liv Ullman:
Over the course of a midsummer night in Fermanagh in 1890, an unsettled daughter (Jessica Chastain) of the Anglo-Irish aristocracy encourages her father’s valet (Colin Farrell) to seduce her.
The movie soundtrack of Miss Julie is available on Amazon, it was released by 2l.